Monday, April 20, 2015

Update: Hasbro

For those of you who complain that I should write more about stock investing, you're right.  I couldn't help but notice today that the last time I wrote on DIY Stocks, I recommended Hasbro.  It was trading at $53.30.

The company announced their most recent quarterly earnings this morning and I am happy to report that they were ahead of market expectations.  The stock that nobody liked (but me!) is  at $73.45, up 11.47% on the day, up 37.8% from where I recommended it last September - which doesn't include the healthy dividend payments that take it to almost 40%.  S&P 500 is up around 6% during the same time period.

I should pay more attention to the stock market.  There's always a bargain lurking somewhere for picky, patient investors who don't pay attention to what everybody else thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment